Saturday, July 31, 2010

Last day and trip to Boise.

There was a group of people going to a seperate dig site and camping out for the weekend, so there were some early morning goodbyes and then decided it was too muddy to hit the hill. Three of us walked around the gift shop adn picked out some posters, and found out that they were sold out except for the display. I bought them to put in my classroom. We did get up the hill for afew hour in the morning. I had the three of us work on trying to pedestal a few bones so that could get field certified intermediate, but a staff memeber came up and told us to work on something else. It is not the end of the world. We spent the last hour doing paperwork and mapping on the hill and I showed my co-workers how to take some readings.

At lunch I said goodbye to a couple others that were leaving for Denver, and then went back to the hill. In the afternoon, we finished our paperwork, and tried to take out some of the bones that had been photographed and mapped. I destroyed two of them that had been exposed to the weather. We were able to glue most of them back together, and I am happy that my co-workers were patient with me.
We wrapped up on the hill and then I went and broke the bank in the gift shop. My classroom will be fun next year.

I went back to my campsite and packed up my gear, but left my sleeping bag in my tent. I then drove into town and played cards, showered and ate at the intern house. I stayed up fairly late, and then woke up early Saturday.
I drove 4 hours to Jackson and had lunch with a friend from college. I chatted for a few hours and then headed to Boise. I was angered again at the lack of camera. There were moose and deer on the road as well as gorgeous views of the Tetons. The amazing sunset near the end of my drive made me happy as well.
Currently I am in my buddy John's house and doing a load of laundry before leaving tomorrow for Joseph, OR for a 3 day backpacking trip in the Wollawa and Eagle Cap Wilderness.

No comments: