Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 7 - Dig for a day

I tagged along for another dig for a day. I have now watched 3 co-workers host families and lead them through the different steps. The only problem is that it has been 3 days in a row. I would love a day with just workers again in the field so we could actually jacket the bones and/or give me a full day in the lab. As soon as the families show up, I turn into a teacher. Not that I mind that, and I have gotten many compliments on my work from families and from co-workers, I just want to spend my summer with dinos.
Today we didn't find anything new except fragments for the kids to take home. I did find tons of Belemnites at the Sundance and will bring them to my classroom for viewing. I also worked for about an hour on a bone with the dremmel. It was nice and relaxing to get off my feet and to tune out the world for the last hour.

Tonight a camper asked me to look up lyrics online for him to sing with the camp host. I think I will get some beer from the deal, and maybe get up on stage once or twice this week. Last night a family asked me if I liked spaghetti and dropped off an entire plate of garlic bread, spaghetti and green beans, plus a full glass of lemonade. I must look lonely here. I AM NOT ! I HAVE FOSSILS TO KEEP ME COMPANY!!!! (and my co-workers are cool too).

No comments: