Saturday, July 24, 2010

kids dig.

Today we had 11 kids and 6 adults at the museum. We started at the the dig sites and after we made sure everyone had a flake of bone to take home, we went to the Sundance and found belemnites and crinoids. We then went to a park for lunch. We had two kids get wet at puddles around the swing set, and one fell off the swing and cut his back pretty badly. We then took them to the casting and molding lab. I had not yet seen it. There are body parts of random dinos hanging out as well as a mold of a Triceretops skull. I want one. Supposedly we may be able to make some molds of smaller bones aor teeth. We shall see.
We finished the day in the lab. It was not too bad. I can definitely tell that I have educator training. Not that any of the staff on the hill didn't handle situations well, it is just funny how there are little things you can do to redirect a late elementary or middle school aged student without making them feel bad or alerting the entire group.
After the dig, we went to a health food store for fruit smoothies. It was heavenly. Tomorrow I am not sure of my agenda, but I think it will involve hiking.

No comments: