Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 13

Today started with a group of us going to site BS and trying to remove bone. There was a DFD (dig for a day) of a father and son from Detroit. They were great workers and found a couple of bones, even one we couldn't identify that was good sized. The morning was taken up by completing the rest of the paper work on the bones: photographing, mapping, and total stationing. We finished all the paperwork at noon and went down for lunch.
After my peanut butter and honey sandwich, we went back to BS and took out 6 bones. We then brought them back to the musuem and put them into collections. I perused the gift shop after work today and I am pretty sure I am going to spend too much money my last day.
After work I had 4 co-workers come over and enjoy the pool at the campground with me. We then went out to ice cream, and came back to a full moon. As I am typing this, the wind has picked up and there is threatening lightening on the horizon. I hope that I will be able to get to sleep tonight though there is a chance of hail.
I was invited to supper by a fellow volunteer tomorrow, and am excited to to chat with them over a meal. I am pretty sure I will be at WBS tomorrow, and I hope to be certified in the field by the end of the week.

No comments: