Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 10

Today we had 4 dig for a days but one was late. I rode up with 2 coworkers and watched them give the tour of SI. Each of the 4 times I have seen the tour, it has been with a different staff member. It is fairly different each time. We then got up to the site and dug for a few hours. I also helped get teh total station and surveying done for the site BS.
The late arrival was a woman from Boulder Colorado in her late 20s who was looking for a dig but slept in. She and her host stayed on the hill alone and worked through lunch. I went down with the rest of the crew. After lunch, Hallie (a coworker) and I were dropped off at BS to finish collecting data and mapping. The late dig and host were still there. After finishing up our map and data, we decided to explore the opposite hill side looking for petrified wood and a blue bone oxydized by the sun. We found both, walked back and realized nobody had remembered to pick us up. Luckily Nick called the office from the hill as he found reception and they sent a truck.

As I left the center there was an impromptu meeting in the parking lot as our bossman Greg pulled up. He told me to go to the Kids dig tomorrow. I had planned a hike, but decided to get all the dino bones I could while being here. It should be a blast. There are 5 staff members to 11 kids. I think I will survive.

No comments: