Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Montana


I slept well and Marie did too.  We woke up after Fargo at around 5 am, and went into the observation car to watch the sunrise.  I have not seen one for.....a long time.   I then went back to sleep and woke up at 8.  We decided we should eat in the dining car once on our train trip, so we went and ate breakfast.  We were seated with a man from Michigan headed to Vancouver to see his daughter and a man whose family is from Manitoba, and they were going to Seattle to see a Mariners game.  Marie and I both had french toast, and enjoyed our visit as we passed through North Dakota farm land.  It made me nostalgic for home.  

We arrived in Havre at around 3pm and when we stepped off the train it seemed hot and dry.  My uncle Paul picked us up and we stopped at Artic Circle for some food before heading home.  We arrived at the farm around 5 pm and we sat up and talked with my parents and my cousin Dylan.    

No comments: