Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Monastery Life














Marie and I were both given breakfast amenities in our hermitages.  I made some eggs and toast and was very content with my relaxed breakfast.  I then walked up to the main house and met up with Katie and Marie.  We then went down to the monastery's creek and sat along the bank and talked for a few hours.  We decided to head back to the house for lunch, and it was around 1:30 when we got there.  We planned a trip to Pittsburgh the next day and Marie and I went back to our hermitages for a nap.  

We both woke up around 5pm and walked up for dinner.  All of the sisters and us ate a delicious dinner of cabbage rolls, potatoes, salad, and pie for dessert.  Marie and I talked about science teaching and thrilled our audience with some experiment ideas that they could do at the monastery.  After dinner, a few of us sat down and played pinochle and other card games.  
Marie and I headed back for another early relaxed night in our respected hermitages. 

No comments: