Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Chicago annd Minneapolis

Grandma dropped Marie and I off at the bus stop at around 9 am. Marie and I arrived in Chicago around 11 am. We found a free shuttle and found our way from Union Station around town. We were looking for a pizza place. We had New York style pizza, why not look for Chicago style?
On the shuttle we spotted a pizza place and ate there.

We rode back to Union Station and boarded the train for Minneapolis St. Paul. The route took us through Milwaukee WI and I got to see the Miller Brewing Plant out of my window. I have a friend that has recently (last month) moved and began working there.

As we approached Minneapolis, we were behind schedule, so I called my aunt to warn her. As I got off the phone, the conductor called to tell us that we would still be on schedule. I called back to tell her we would make it on time. As we approached, we had to stop because of freight traffic (BNSF owns the rail, Amtrak just runs on it) and we were late anyway.
My aunt Elizabeth and her husband Bill decided it was still early enough to grab a drink. We stopped at Tuggs, with a great view of the skyline, and sat outside and had a few drinks. Marie and I got to bed around 2 am.

No comments: