Thursday, July 31, 2008

July 30

The farm is getting ready to harvest our winter wheat and we lease a combine, or harvester, to help cut the grain.  The machine was delivered on Wednesday and I helped Dad put on a second set of tires.  The wind was blowing about 20-30 miles an hour all day and it was HOT!  Mom and I spent a day in the kitchen baking bread and she also was teaching me how to make jelly.  Hopefully when I get back to Oregon, I will make some Blackberry and raspberry preserves.  Mom, Dad and I ate porkchops for dinner, and I ate my share of potatoes.  At around 8:30, the wind died down and I went running.  I don't miss the burning in my lungs I get in Montana.  In Oregon, there is enough humidity, my legs always give out before my lungs.  In Montana, I am short of breath and coughing much before my legs are tired.  I should come here to train if I ever want to compete in a race.  

No comments: