Thursday, July 31, 2008

Last Day in Glacier

We decided to do one last short hike before we left the park.  We ate breakfast, took down our campsite and drove to East Glacier.  I hopped in with R & R and we drove to Two Medicine to do the Running Eagle Falls hike.  When I was young the falls were called trick falls.  We walked the .3 mile trail to the falls.  There was no water running over the top, but there was a torrent gushing forth from the bottom.  We then drove back to East Glacier and parted ways.  I stopped in Ft. Benton for a burger (it was delicious) and returned to an empty house at the farm.  I did laundry and put all the gear back.  
When Mom came home that night, we sat and talked for many hours.  I had not spent quality time with my mother yet on this trip.  It was fun to sit and chat about our family and laugh.  

No comments: