Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy St. Nick day



Marie and I have not been up to much. Thanksgiving was super relaxed because we had our large meal the Saturday before. We didn't get out of our pj's until 5pm and we went to the new bond film. We then went wine tasting on Friday.

Saturday, Marie went to Eugene to visit family and I went to the school to grade some papers. At 1pm I was called by a friend who had an extra ticket to the Beavers-Ducks Civil War Football game. The tickets had sold out very quickly and were hard to come by. I left my grading and rushed down to Corvallis. We had seats in the sixth row from the field near one of the endzones. We were next to the Duck band and fans. It wouldn't have been bad except the game was a blowout and some drunk beaver fans tried to pick fights. All I could do was laugh and smile when they talked trash,...there was nothing I could say back.

Sunday I graded for about 6 hours.

This weekend the high school had a staff holiday party and I was picked to do music for it. I did some acoustic solo stuff but I also put together a jam band of teachers and we practiced for about 3 weeks on and off. It went well.

I am surprised that we only have two weeks until Winter break and I will be going home to Montana soon. I am excited.

No comments: