Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow Day




On Sunday I woke up and went to the livingroom to watch football but I was saddened to find that all the networks were showing winter storm warnings. There were reports that the wind chill was "very cold, it is about 12 degrees." There was also a woman in the snow, " I don't have a ruler but I would say at least one half inch has fallen." This was breaking news.

At around 7 pm it school was cancelled for the Monday. I walked around in the beautiful sunshine today and took some pictures. I figure my family can laugh at what cancels school in Oregon.

I will say, it is more rare for the snow to fall here and usually it is a wet snow. This is dry, exactly as we find in Montana. There aren't many snowplows or gravel trucks, and people are certainly not as skilled while driving here. I understand why they cancel school, but I feel like it is Montana weather here. I love it.

No comments: