Saturday, December 20, 2008

Well the weather outside is frightful...


Today Marie and I had tickets to "The Nutcracker" in Portland. We left Carlton with about 6 inches of snow on the ground and huge flakes falling. We took my car over to Napa and bought some chains before we left town. The drive to Portland was not bad, we only slipped a little on a hill. As we got downtown Portland, I was shocked at how many people were running red lights. I did get stalled right before a parking garage. I was stopped at a light and spun my tires through two cycles of the light. Two buses came up behind me, one man got out and helped Marie push and I got through the light (it was red). We walked and got lunch with a friend, and then saw the Ballet. The ballet was great.


Truly made me feel like Christmas was coming while leaving into a winter wonderland.

We then walked around town and saw pioneer place and downtown lights. The buses and max trains were packed and people were waiting everywhere for the public transport. We put chains on my car in the garage and then drove home.


It wasn't bad except right near Carlton. The road had not been cleared for a while and we were breaking trail. The snow was transitioning into freezing rain and my wipers were not effective. I drove 15-20 the last 10 miles.

When Marie and I got home, we walked to the post office. I made a snow angel in the parking lot and then rolled around three times on the way home. When we got in the door,...I realized my phone was gone. We retraced our steps and ruined all of my snow angels to try and find the phone. It was no where to be found. As soon as we walked in the door, we turned on the TV and saw that an Amtrak train has been stalled for 4 hours in portland. Hopefully this is Amtraks only "whoopsie" this year.

It is now freezing rain outside and will make it pretty miserable. Hopefully we can leave on the train on time Monday! Peace and drive safely!

No comments: