Sunday, June 8, 2008

Summer...sweet summer


Marie and I are fortunate enough to have a job that extends only for 9 months. The other three, (more like 2.5) we have off. We don't get paid, but that is ok too. This year, it allows us to travel. We are taking advantage of all of our wonderful relatives around the North American Continent. We have one week of school left and then we embark.
We will travel to Jamaica first to visit my Brother and his wife as they finish their first year of service for the peace corps. Our journey will take us next to my other brothers residence in Washington DC to view our capitol as this nation celebrates its 232 birthday this July 4th. A china town bus will hopefully place us in Manhattan next to visit my cousin Patrick, as he is between rotations and tests this summer, for a view of the largest city in our nation. We will then venture back south to Philadelphia to visit my mother's brother Bob and his wife Kathy to view the nations first capitol and enjoy a brief stay there.
We then will visit Marie's relative, her mother's sister, who is a nun in Stubenville Ohio. It is near Pittsburgh and we will be her first visitors from Marie's generation of her family. Then our goal is Rockford Illinois to visit my Grandmother and my aunt Julie and her family. After a few days in Obama's home state we will once again depart to Minneapolis to visit my Mother's sister Elizabeth and husband Bill. Our last destination will be the farm in Montana where we hope to find a couple of friends, just married, from our teaching co-hort and travel to Glacier National Park. From there, it will be back to Oregon to begin our second year of teaching at Mcminnville schools. This will hopefully serve as a journal/update site for our family and our hosts.

2 comments:

Vic said...

Awesome blog! I can't believe I'm the first to comment. Your trip is going to be cool. I don't know about the Jamaica trip. Do you and Marie speak Jamaicanese?

Herndog said...

O.K...so it to this Jamaicanmecrazy journey to find that you're a Tom Waits fan??!!


...well...the piano has been drinking...not me.


Peace and safe travels...and the rest to you both...