Monday, June 16, 2008

Marie and I have graded our last final, submitted our last grades, and checked out of our classrooms for the year. The final days at school were hectic. Get the kids in, give em' tests and then get out! I managed to check out on Friday a little bit after 1pm. I am done with my first year and I feel good. I am coming back in the fall to the same high school and department which has welcomed me warmly and I enjoy working with them. This week our goal is to clean and pack Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday, we are going to try and get a last taste of Oregon and go on a two night backpacking trip. We will be joined by our friend Ryan, who graduated with us last year and is a fellow science teacher, and Marie's sister. We are trying to find trails that are not snowy and it is difficult. We are looking at the Umpqua river, Middle Fork of the Willamette, or McKenzie river.

No comments: