Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

This is the first Christmas I haven't been with family. I have had time for reflection and relaxation this break. School got out Friday the 18th. I have bought myself lots of toys to play with. I now have a Wii with a few games. It has kept me busy for sure. I did go Snowshoeing on the 23rd with a co-worker who was waiting for family to show up.

My family has been very good about calling and making sure I am good. I have talked to my family at home who I miss, and they miss me.

One of the best things I did, was to go running on Christmas eve. I put my ipod in with a mix of holiday songs and ran around the neighborhoods of Mac looking at lights. The best part was actually running around dinner time and watching families gather. Each house that had a picture window, gave me a brief snap shot of that family's holiday tradition. I ran by houses that smelled of turkey, ham, lamb, and laundry. I watched laughter, dinner, grace, and games. I ran by carolers, runners, after meal walkers, and lots of holiday lights.

I am sitting now in my apartment under the glow of my tree, watching holiday specials, enjoying a holiday brew, and smiling with the warm thoughts that have been shared by friends and families. Merry Christmas.

No comments: