Saturday, October 24, 2009

H1N1

Our school has been hit hard by the artist formerly known as swine flu. We had 500 students absent one day (out of 1800) and rumors abound that they will cancel school. We have had half of the students in multiple classes absent, so it is difficult to teach when you don't know when the students will make it up, and you will have to reteach everything again to half the students. It is a new challenge for many of us at the high school. I am sick, but I don't feel queasy or feverish. I am weak though.

Fall has certainly arrived. I bought a light for my bike and now I am riding everywhere. I am loving it. I have ridden through the rain, wind, and falling leaves. Today is a beautiful fall day. I am going to relax and catch up on some grading before I watch the beavers play the Trojans.

No comments: