Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer is finally here

Monday the 22nd was officially my last day of work for this school year. It was a good year, but a long one. We made up 5 snow days and a sewer day. I think I was one of the last teachers in a school in Oregon, maybe the country. I am still not done. I moved rooms the last few days and I still need a signature from the principal that says I am all moved out.

On Saturday I MC'd a wedding reception for a couple of teacher friends. I was in charge of the microphone and DJ the dance with my friend's Ipod. Marie and I tried to catch the tail end of a retirement party, but all that was left was the host family. They were very hospitable and we stayed for a drink and some laughter.

On Sunday, Marie and I went to a Third Eye Blind concert at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland with a friend leaving for Nebraska soon.

On Wednesday, we are headed to Seattle for a Mariner's game and then I will go in on Friday for my TEE. Summer is happening and I am excited!

1 comment: