Saturday, March 28, 2009

Free day in DC



Marie and I were on hold for over an hour on Wednesday night. I finally got through and asked if we could fly to DC standby on Thursday instead of Friday. They said no.....Sad. Marie woke up earlier than I and called to ask if we could just switch our ticket to Thursday and they said YES!!! Ask the right questions, i guess.
We hurriedly packed our bags and hailed a taxi as we were to fly out 2 hours later. We got to the airport in plenty of time and flew to Dulles airport. The ride from New Orleans to Dulles took us less time than the ride from Dulles to my brothers house (via bus and metro). My brother met us took us to his apartment and fed us some leftovers. We were very appreciative and also threw in a load of laundry.
We then went out to a nearby bar and played pub trivia. Daimon is a regular and his team is a competitive one for sure. Daimon's wife, Kirsten, joined us there. We played the five rounds and won. I was not able to help much on ancient rulers and their kingdoms but my shining star came with actors who starred in movies with pets and little kids.

We then went back to his apartment to watch the end of the Missou-Memphis game. It was awesome to have a place to sleep and not pay for it. THANK YOU BRO!

No comments: