Sunday, February 15, 2009

My pal Nick

My buddy Nick from high school just graduated with his music education degree. I was the best man at his wedding two years ago and I never got him a present. Marie and I decided to gift Nick and his pregnant wife, Melissa, to a trip to Oregon. I picked them up late Thursday night and took Friday off from school to hang out with them. On Friday I took them around McMinnville and Carlton. I had never been to the Evergreen Air Museum. We took in the Spruce Goose and all of the other planes. It was very enjoyable. We also walked around a nice little park and played Scrabble in one of the coffee shops. It was great catching up and laughing constantly. Marie joined us and then we went out to our local joint, the Horse Radish to take in the local fare of cheese and wine. Nick also played SNL Trivial Pursuit with me. I got it as a gift two years ago for Christmas, but nobody ever plays with me. Melissa and Marie began playing with us, but neither made it to the end. I won, barely. It was a great day.

No comments: