Wednesday, June 30, 2010

SUMMER AGAIN!

School has ended and I have officially started my summer journey for 2010.  I left Oregon the morning of the 28th and drove 11 hours to my brother and sister-in-laws house in Somers, MT.  I travelled on interstate until I hit St. Regis.  The drive north from St. Regis through the Montana wilderness was beautiful.  I drove along a river looking at rock formations, railroad bridges, great tree filled valleys, and then to come upon snowy white peaks was just fabulous.  My brother lives just beyond a stones throw from Flathead Lake.  His house is surrounded by mountains on the horizon and is a beautiful mix of town and country.  I enjoyed my time there, although short.  I am now back on the farm where I grew up.  Today we are going to move cows and then make it to a farm sale.  I have not been to one in YEARS, and supposedly everyone that is anyone in town will be there.  I will probably meet up with a few old friends.  We'll see.  Last night as I drove, there were beautiful thunderstorms and rainbows.  I was never hit by the storms but drove along side them for much of my drive.  The sky truly is as big as they say.  

No comments: