Sunday, May 16, 2010

Baseball

This spring, I decided to try my hand at being a high school coach. I was asked to be JV assistant coach by my friend/co-worker/head coach. We had 13 students on our team, who may not have been the most naturally talented players, but enjoyed the sport. The team went 4-16 ish, but the postitives that came out of the season were the gains in attitude. The players began laughing and poking fun at each other whenever they would falter, even in a game. Our biggest job was teaching them to be a team, and to keep their heads up when they miss a ball or over throw. I feel that the gain in attitude was good, but the time commitment was intense. Will I do it again? I am not sure yet. It was a fun season and it is always fun to be around baseball.

Now it is time to concentrate on the end of school, and getting my students passing before summer. The sun is shining, and the weather is beautiful. I hope your spring is going well.

No comments: