Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bridgetown

This weekend, Marie and I went up to Portland to see one of the shows of the Bridgetown Comedy festival. There was three improv/sketch groups to start our night. The last group was Beer Shark Mice. It was awesome. I laughed so hard I was hoarse the next day.

After an intermission (and another pitcher of beer) there were some stand-ups to entertain. The first was a local who was decent, but the second guy on shocked me. His name was Kyle and I played ultimate frisbee with him and also did open mics with him in Corvallis when he literally did his first jokes on a mic. I hadn't seen/talked/heard from him since 2005. After his time we went to the lobby and talked comedy and our past. Strange small world.

Todd Glass
and Bill Dwyer were the only two comics I recognized the rest of the night. Maria Bamford, one of my favorite comics (#1 or #2 female) was scheduled but had a family issue and wasn't there. Janeane Garofalo walked up the aisle but never did any jokes.

On the ride home my cars odometer got up to 199,991. Next trip anywhere I will top 200,000. It would be more impressive if I put on all the miles but I got the car with 183,000.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow

I was there cory

and I saw your friend kyle, pretty decent.

jeanine was okay-ish.

Jerry.