Friday, October 10, 2008

Last few weeks and random thoughts

On Sept. 30, Marie and I went to Portland and saw an Allison Kraus and Robert Plant concert. It was an incredible show that had the two singers doing all of the tunes from their joint album as well as some of each's other bands. Black Dog started on the banjo and Battle of Evermore was amazing to hear live. Allison also did "Down to the River" and a couple of other Union Station tunes.

This week our schools had inservice day. We had Thursday at school with no students and no school Friday. I did a first aid and cpr training in the morning. I have been watching lots of playoff baseball. All of my teams lost 1st round, except for the Rays. Now I am cheering for Philly and Tampa Bay. We shall see how this wraps up.

It cooled down here in Oregon. Today I started a fire in the fireplace for the first time since May. I am comfortable laying on the couch watching baseball and movies.

I started an ultimate frisbee club at the high school with another teacher. We already have more numbers and more motivated players than all of last year. I think after cross country season, we will see a lot more students come out. It will be interesting to see how many of the students stick with the club for the remainder of the year.

My pseudo band Pegasus is going to play their final, FINAL show in Corvallis this weekend. The lead guitarist for the band, Marty, moved to Milliwaukee this summer and the drummer/equipment provider, Paul, is moving to Alaska. Paul's brother David plays a mean guitar and has filled in before. We will play during the football game, so I am pretty sure it will be a small crowd, and we will mostly be playing for the sake of playing together one last time.

Grape harvest is underway and we are looking for a day to volunteer. We shall see. I hope everyone is registered to vote and paying attention to the race. Good luck Obama, Merkley and others that will bring about a hopeful and peaceful stance.

No comments: